Saturday, April 08, 2006

This one is for a little girl who just turned five. She's having a princess themed party, so I tried to make a ball gown card. It came out ok, but it's not exactly what I envisioned. You know when you have a picture in your head of what you want to accomplish, but you just can't get it to happen? I hate that. Still, this is better than my first attempt but it's not quite right. I'm not sure yet what's bugging me about it. Anyway, the top of the gown is beaded. I used tacky tape (love that stuff!) and micro beads. I stamped some flowers on the bodice and the skirt to give it some interest and used two layers of the fabric on top of that. It opens on the side. You can see on the left side skirt a straight part, that's the hinge.

6 Comments:

Blogger darrylmasterson said...

this card came out great. and don't forget that Lila loved it and she is in the right demographic!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks for your help! I drew that dress and then said to my husband - ok, draw that, but better! And he did.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this card, maybe you should make them for my b day?
I like the frog card below too, someone here at work is having a baby and is doing the room in frogs, when the time comes, I will have to have you make a card.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you! I could loan you the frog stamp if you want to make it yourself. But I don't mind making it either.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really pretty!

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home